Message: From Climate Aparteid to the Beloved Community of All Life
Assembly: From Climate Aparteid to the Beloved Community of All Life
Clean Up Our Act MN: Earth Day at FUS
The Story of Plastics
- Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act: email your Congress people
- 100% Clean Energy Bill: email your Congress people
- Headwaters Food and Water Bill: sign the pledge
- Clean Cars Bill: email your MN Senator to oppose SF959 and SF450 and MN House Representative to oppose HF395 and H1684A32
- 100% Soil-Healthy Farming Bill: sign the petition
- Film screening: The Story of Plastic Thursday April 22, 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.This documentary gets real about how the oil and gas industry manipulate the narrative and profit from the plastic pollution crisis. Enter Earth Day for the password.
- FUS on-site paper shredding Saturday April 24, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.All FUS members are invited to take advantage of this event to safely dispose of your old papers that contain sensitive information. A shredding truck will be parked at theGroveland entrance curb, and whether you have a bag, box, or a car trunk load, you can bring it and watch it get finely shredded and readied to recycle. Free to FUS members, although a small donation would be gratefully accepted to help defray the total cost.
- Neighbors Together Toward a Sustainable Future: The Headwaters Community Food & Water Bill Sunday, April 25, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.Join us for a virtual event where you can learn more about the Headwaters Community Food & Water Bill - a visionary piece of legislation that will invest our public dollars in the resilient, regenerative, and inclusive food economy we need to meet the challenge of climate change.
- Hennepin County Zero Waste Challenge The month of May, registration for Hennepin County residents open in AprilThe online Zero Waste Challenge will help you take an in-depth look at the goods you buy and waste you create to uncover opportunities to recycle more and reduce waste. You may be surprised by the variety of actions you can take.
- Global Plastic Free Ecochallenge July 1 to 31, 2021Together, we continue to find creative and innovative ways to reduce our plastic dependency and consumption. Save the date! Registration opens in late May.
Specific articles or resources
- 51 ways to Restore Our Earth
- Why Enbridge’s Line 3 Pipeline Project is Bad for Everyone (3 min video)
- Break Free From Plastic Pollution Act bill explanation (4 min video)
- Moving Towards a Clean Energy Future: A conversation with U.S. Senator Tina Smith (1 hr recording)
- MN350 Action Actions we can make in Minnesota to positively change our state’s systems.
- Break Free From Plastic The #breakfreefromplastic Movement is a global movement envisioning a future free from plastic pollution.
- Stop the Black Snake An interactive map story that frames the issues with Line 3.
- Foreverware A few Minneapolis restaurants are offering foreverware packaging take out options to reduce packaging waste.
MN action-oriented groups
- How to Save a Planet
- Mothers of Invention
- Nourish by MN350’s Food Systems Team
- A Matter of Degrees (on Spotify) For climate-curious people, they discuss the levers of power causing the problem and tools to fix it.
- Ecovative A company growing mushroom alternatives to styrofoam, leather, and bacon
- Carbon Mapper Launches Satellite Program to Pinpoint Methane and CO2 Super Emitters
Link to Presentation: https://vimeo.com/event/886299
Password: “Earth Day”